Sunday, September 13, 2009

Here we are again.....trying to blog! Let's see how long I get it this time. We are in full swing with school. I love sending the kids off to school, and I love them coming home (most days). Life in the Hurst family is good. It's moments and days like today, I thank God that I get the awesome responsiblity of raising my children. It is quiet in the house right now (everybody is relaxing), listening to calm music and thinking I don't want to ruin this sweet moment.

So, we went camping last weekend with the Cook's and the Barton's. I went VERY reluctantly. I even toyed with the idea of sending my family over to Catalina and me staying behind and enjoying the quiet and peace of the house alone. I knew that wouldn't fly (after mentioning it to Andre), I was told I was coming. So, then my goal was to be able to come home and say, "I am glad I went!" And I must say, I wouldn't have missed that fun, crazy weekend for anything. The kids were so entertained with the beach, snorkeling, tubing, exploring, they had the time of their lives. It will be a vacation they will not forget. We enjoyed throwing 5 of us in a tent (after Andre buying it off a store owner, his used tent. But that is Andre, making sure I am taken care of. Which I totally appreciated). Andre and 1 kid slept under the stars on an air mattress (it was priceless to here Andre and Nathan chilling under the stars talking). Yes, the Hurst family is not a pro at the camping thing. Andre even bought a little porta potty for me (made out of a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat attached, soooo cool!).

Andre made pancakes over the bbq, had bacon, OJ, cereal, Tri tip, salad, etc. We just ate and ate all day. When we went to town, instead of buying 20 ice cream cones, Andre bought two gallons of ice cream, cones, and we had our own ice cream party right there at the beach on Avalon. Who needs to spend $50.00 on ice cream, when $10.00 is better! He brought in breakfast from the restuarant one morning (he is always thinking). We just relaxed all weekend, enjoying friends and family.

Sunday night we tried to leave (gas station was closed), but ended up staying at a hotel instead, because we needed gas! So picture this.... Andre walking down Avalon in his wet suit, scuba mask attached, no shoes, looking for a hotel. It was hilarious (wish I had a pic). We end up going to dinner with the cook's and as we are walking in to sit down, I noticed some customers counting our 9 children. It was funny to see the looks on their faces! We do have a riot when we put our families together! It reminds me of my family outings as a kid....we always had a fiasco, or was too noisy at restuarants. It still happens today!@

So, in a nut shell: Sunday: Dinner $100, Hotel (tiny old room) $250, Memories: Priceless!

We arrived home the next day after stopping twice for Andre and Steve to spear fishing (didn't catch anything), and having fun on the boat!

And I look forward to our next camping trip!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Sounds like it's good we didn't come that weekend... I'm glad you are back to blogging-keep it up! We miss you!