Sunday, March 8, 2009

Well, now that it has been 4 months since my last post....I am ready again. I spend all kinds of time reading others posts, that I have decided it is now my turn to get into gear and do this on a daily basis, if for nobody else....then MY SELF!

As a back up note, our trip to Pleasanton back at TURKEY DAY time was fabulous! We could not have asked for a better road trip!

Now about today's days. We are heading to court for the final "parental termination" hearing. The girls are so excited to go! But what they are really looking forward to is missing school and go to the "Block" to go shopping. Going to court is just a side trip we are taking. I am looking forward to spending the day with the girls.

Life in the Hurst household is beautiful (at least right now,,, it is late in the evening and everybody is sleeping!!!) Our days as blending this family has for sure been VERY challenging. I had a friend ask, "do you have rewarding moments?". For the first time since bringing the girls into our family, that was a thought! Of course I have had many rewarding moments, but I don't think of them often. I have thought of the harder times and not focused on the good times. So, that is a new goal for me: to focus on my rewarding times. So here it goes, my 10 "rewarding" moments with the Hurst clan of 5 (I cringe everytime I think of 5 kids!)

1. Sitting in the office, listening to my kids, Emily and Cameron Cook play capture the flag in the house (3/6/09).
2. Enjoying the big girls play with my hair, and tickling my back just so they could stay up later (my mom taught me that one as a kid) (3/8/09).
3. Having the big girls run to the car after school and give me a GIANT hug after being out of town for 4 days (3/2/09).
4. Nathan making a mailbox outside of the kids rooms to write special notes to one another (3/09).
5. Having 5 children tell me that they love me!
6. Enjoying playing Hide-n-seek in the dark with my family (Andre included).
7. Ice cream snack after school with a game of Ice-Cream monopoly.
8. Seeing the kids interact with each other in a kind way.
9. Ashley helping Nathan feel better about his upset stomach.
10. Christian passing his word club words.

I love what I do! I get stressed and freak out quite often, but I would not trade what I am doing for the world. I need to remember this!

We have been blessed with the sweet daughters of Madison and Ashley and I look forward to the many rewards that I will receive for bringing them into our family. Tonight, Jessica and Nathan asked why we moved from Murrieta? I believe one of the reasons was to find....Maddie and Ashley!

8.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a sweet post, Jenny! Love it! You are such a good mom and example to your kids and also to me. I'm looking forward to reading more new things on your blog! Miss you guys!